Cork Tree Cottage - Self Catering accommodation
Situated at the foot of the majestic Helderberg mountain, surrounded by historic wine estates and False Bay's host of beautiful beaches, Cork Tree Cottage makes an ideal base for exploring and enjoying the Cape Winelands. Whether it's one night or a lengthy holiday stay, we make it our aim to ensure our guests are well tended to, relaxed and comfortable.
OPEN PLAN LOUNGE
The spacious 35m2 living area caters well for 1-2 people
Equipped with a fridge/freezer, microwave, hotplate and other essential accessories which you may need
Comfortable queen-sized bed, as well as a spacious wardrobe. Bathroom with hot water shower. Clean linen, towels, etc.
Cork Tree Cottage opens up unto a lovely shaded courtyard which affords the ideal space to relax with a book after a long day exploring and enjoying all the tourist attractions in the area. Being 5min away from Vergelegen Medi Clinic makes Cork Tree Cottage an ideal overnight facility for those travelling from afar needing to be at Medi Clinic for medical tests or to visit family or friends in hospital.For those guests who enjoy hiking mountain trails, bird watching, or simply relaxing in nature, the Helderberg Nature Reserve is also merely 5 min away.
Destination distances from Cork Tree Cottage:
- Vergelegen Medi Clinic: 3km (5min)
- Vergelegen Wine Estate: 500m (2min). Historic well maintained Cape-Dutch home, magnificent surrounding gardens and inspirational forests of the Dutch governor to the Cape, Willem Adriaan van der Stel.
- Erinvale Golf Estate: 550m (2min). Beautiful 18-hole golf course - quite challenging.
- Strand beach: 9.5km (15min). Whether simply to enjoy a leisurely stroll along the sandy beach or amped for a surf at Pipe, Strand beach delivers. Also a favourite among surf-ski enthusiasts and kite-surfers (especially during the windy months between Oct-March).
- Cape Town International Airport: 33km (30min)
- Stellenbosch: 23km (25min). Premium wine producing area in the Western Cape. Many MTB trails in the vicinity of Stellenbosch/Helderberg area will reward the keen cyclist with some amazing sights and some very technical and challenging rides for the more adventurous.
- Helderberg Nature Reserve:1.5km (3min). Many walks to enjoy from easy strolls to strenuous hikes for those up for the challenge. Hikes differ in length from 20 min to 7 hours.
Services provided by Cork Tree Cottage:
Services are provided by prior arrangement.
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Guided Wine Tours
- Whale watching (Hermanus)
- Guided hiking tours
- Guided surf trips
- German (Conversational)
- French (Conversational)
Please note: No smokers, no pets, no children, no noise.